Thursday, January 22, 2009

I'm Such A Slacker!!

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth! It seems like forever since I posted any cards on my blog. Sorry for the long delay! I've been busy this week with a sick daughter and a sick husband. Sick Husbands are worse than sick kids, don't you agree? My gosh they can't do anything for themselves! LOL

Tonight I have two cards to share.



I decided to take Deb's challenge and create a Valentine's Day Card. Deb posted this challenge to the Magnolia-Licious Yahoo Group. This Tilda stole my heart when I first saw her! She is the cutest.

I colored Tilda with Copic markers and used my Nestabilities Label One set to stamp the sentiment on. I added a couple of Prima flowers and brad and a piece of organza ribbon for embellishments. The DP is from DCWV.



I used a new stamp I purchased recently from Susanna. This is from the Shy Bear collection and I think he's just adorable!

I colored him with Copic markers. I placed some baubles on the four corners of the image that I punched with the ticket corner punch. I wanted to make this more of a masculine card because I'm going to send it to Kevin in Iraq. The hemp ribbon adds just a little more embellishment to the card. The DP is from a paper stack I got a Joann's but I can't remember who makes the paper! Sorry.

I'm working on a card using Bryony from Susanna's Faerie Song Arts Stamp Line. I finally used my new Shimmerz that I purchased from Susanna's store and will finish the card tomorrow night! I promise to share it with you when I'm finished.

Hope you all have had a great week. I'm looking forward to the weekend and getting my craft room set up!

10 comments:

Lisadwb said...

Cute cards. You are rockin' those Copics!!
I hope everyone is well SOON!!

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh gosh, they're both ADORABLE! Tilda is so adorable!! Love your colors!! And the second one is sooooo funny and cute!!! That image made me chuckle!! Your coloring is fanatastic! Thanks for you help in finding your blog. LOL! I just wasn't traveling down the message far enough. :) Have a great day!

Danni said...

Glad to see you creating!! Awesome cards--love them both!

marsha said...

Monica, your Tilda is gorgeous - I love this one also. And...that Shy Bear is just tooo cute! I can't wait to see your Bryony!

deb said...

Ahhh!! I love it!! Great job!
She is sooo cute!
Love your bear! He is adorable!
hugz

Kelly Schelske said...

Oh cute, that teddy is adorable!! Your Tilda card is beautiful!!

Debby said...

Shy Bear is ADORABLE! All of your "Art" is wonderful but he is so darnd cute!

Susana M said...

Hey Monica
Love the shy bear great vibrant colors and the rope is a great touch!!! I am sure Kevin will love it :o)
Hearts and Hugs
Susana

Anonymous said...

Naaa...You are not a slacker. And you are right, husbands are harder then kids when it comes to being sick! :) I just looked around your blog and everything is so pretty! I love how you color you images. They look fantastic!! :) I hope your family is feeling better!!

Hugs~
Andrea

sylvia said...

what a lovely cards you have made
hugs sylvia