Monday, October 13, 2008

Merry Chris-Moose! Florida Gator Style!

First of all, I'm sorry it's been 12 days since I last posted. Life has been busy lately and I've spent a great deal of time coloring images to complete lots of cards. Tonight was very productive. I finished 5 cards!

Before I share my cards tonight, I'm happy to report that my friend Lynn came through her surgery just fine and even better, the biopsy came back fine!! Praise God for his blessings! Thanks so much to everyone who kept her in your thoughts and prayers and emailed me and sent comments! Lynn and I really appreciate it! She's home recuperating now and doing lots of blog surfing! She's even coloring and making some cards! I promised her I'd help her set up her own blog as soon as she's up to it.

The first card I'm sharing tonight is one of the Christmas cards I'm sending out to my Friends and Family who are avid Gator Fans like me! I used the new Hanna Stamps, Riley and Snowman stamp. I colored Riley's hat and scarf in Orange and Blue - Gator colors!

I'm not sure what's up with my camera. I think I need to clean the sensor. I have a Nikon D50- DSLR and you can see a shadow on these pictures I took tonight that looks like a squiggly line. It is not on the card itself, so I need to get the sensor cleaned so it doesn't keep showing up on my photos.




Recipe:

Ink: Memento-Pitch Black and Clear Embossing Powder
Paper: Stamped on PTI Stampers Select; SU Pumpkin Pie to mat and DP is a paperpack of Christmas paper from ProvoCraft.
Ribbon: Michaels
Nesties
Coloring: Copic Markers: YR24,E57,B00,C3,E37,B29,YR09

Thanks for looking! As always.. I love to hear your comments!

5 comments:

Michelle-a-bella said...

What a very cute stamp!!! Seeing all these Christmas cards keeps reminding me that I should get going and start on mine! LOL! Thanks for sharing!

Hulachickabella said...

Too cute!! Love the embossed waxy border thingy!! =)

www.hulachickabella.blogspot.com

Mel =)

cherriedout4@yahoo.com said...

ok so I just bummped into your blog and i love it
Your very talented
I have a question how do you emboss the the outline of the cards-do I make sense?
I guess you cut with the a scallopped punch but on the edges, I see the outline, how is that done

cherriedout4@yahoo.com said...

so I just bummped into your blog and gotta say, you've got talent
I had a question regarding the scalloped cuts, how do you emboss the edges.
Does it make sense?
Thanks

Monica said...

Laila,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities to emboss the edge of the stamped images.