Saturday, May 28, 2011

She's Coming Home!!!

I'm so happy to report that my daughter, Corporal Kristina Lockhart Beko will be coming back from her 7 month deployment to Afghanistan in just a few days! Just a couple of weeks ago, she was promoted to Corporal which was her second meritorious promotion since joining the United States Marines. We are so very proud of her and her accomplishments and the fact that she serves her country with pride.

While I wasn't able to participate in the Operation Write Home Memorial Day Weekend blog hop this year, I did want to post and thank all the wonderful cardmakers out there for their time and talents in keeping our military members supplied with cards to send home. Kristina loved receiving the boxes that Sandy sent to her and her fellow Marines did as well. Lots of family and friends of ours received so many beautiful hand made cards thanks to all you wonderful card makers! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

I thought I'd share a few pictures that she took while in Afghanistan. I hope you enjoy them!

 This was taken when she first arrived at Camp Leatherneck. November 2010
 Truck in the middle with the big #1 is what she drives..
 Common site of Camels traveling around the villages.
 Kristina and her fellow Marines enjoying cookies from Archway and Valentines Cards from Operation Write Home!
 This would be her sleeping quarters. She keeps it nice and neat just like home..LOL
 Promoting to Corporal! OOHRAH Baby Girl!
 Standing in the poppy fields..
 Goofing around in the back of the dump truck!
Kristina with all the cards she received for her 21st Birthday
Kristina with the Afghan kids. 

Caleb, Kristina, JB and Luque! I can't wait to hug them all! 

9 comments:

Cindy O said...

Wonderful that she's coming home so soon! Thanks for sharing the photos and story. It's nice to see how Operation Write Home is supporting our heroes.

Rufus said...

Oh you must be absolutely overjoyed! Thanks for sharing the pictures and please thank her for her service to all of us. She and her fellow servicemen and women are why I make cards for OWH!
Congrats to her on her promotion.
R/

Dixie Cochran said...

Monica, I am so very happy for you all! Thank you for sharing the pictures and a bit of her story with us on this special weekend. My prayers are with Kristina for safe travels! Take care!

Christy said...

Thanks for sharing the photos and your daughter's story. You have every right to be proud. Wishing Kristina a swift and safe return.

Paula S. said...

What a great post and wonderful pictures! Thanks so much for sharing this with the OWH family on this special weekend.

Operation Write Home said...

Can't WAIT til she's home!!!!!!

...Darlene said...

Monica,
Thank you for sharing your pixs of your daughter and her fellow Marines. It really brings home the Memorial Day that we will celebrate on Monday in many ways.
My hope is we will all take time to honor those who have given it all and those who continue to go into harms way.

Lisa Oliver said...

Monica,
Your post has brought me to joyous tears! The pictures have really touched my heart and I can feel just a smidgen of the pride you must feel for her accomplishments. My daughter is turning 20 tomorrow and I can't even imagine how proud I would be to see her in this setting.
I am so happy for your family that she will be home soon and truly grateful for the sacrifices you make on a daily basis to ensure our safety and freedom.
Thank you for sharing this great news especially during this Bloghop weekend.

Joana24 said...

You must be over joy and proud of your little girl, wishing her a safe return
Big HUgs