Sunday, September 12, 2010

Success! Cards for Operation Write Home!

Hi Everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful weekend! Saturday was a day of reflection and prayer for our country as we marked the 9th anniversary of the tragic events on September 11, 2001. I know like all of you, I will NEVER FORGET that day.  I pray that those who lost a husband, wife, son, daughter, friend or family member will be comforted by the loving memory of their loved one.

Two of my dear friends came over and we spent the day and into the night making cards for Operation Write Home. It was a successful day, with almost 30 cards made by the three of us. I wish we could have done more, but, we will have more get togethers soon!

Here's a collage of the cards we did get finished.


Thanks to Lynn and Amanda for helping me make these great cards! 
I'll be back tomorrow with another post! Have a Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Looks awesome Monica! I am actually participating with OWH on the 23rd on the Dutch Dare blog, it's going to be fun!!

Peggie said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day with friends for a good cause. I can't image making that many cards in a day.

pennyd said...

I just read your daughter is on her way to Afghanistan - I will keep her in my thoughts. I'm a veteran myself, was a Navy wife and Army mom, so I understand your worries. Hang in there!